Using AI in the Hiring Process Solves Long-Existing HR ChallengesFor the past five-to-10 years, employers have increasingly looked to AI for solutions in hiring, shaking up the recruiting process for organizations everywhere. The use of AI in recruitment has become a breath of fresh air for employers and their hiring teams who are facing multiple hiring challenges, including:
- Attracting top talent
- Benchmarking and vetting candidates
- Tightening the hiring process for a shorter time to hire
- Balancing workloads and recruiting risks
- Reducing employee turnover and the cost of bad hires
How Does AI and Recruitment Work?Now that you know that AI in recruitment is yielding benefits for other businesses, you probably want to know how to leverage it for your organization.
AI Delivers Qualified Candidates and Enhances the Opportunity for EngagementImagine a day in the life of a hiring manager during which you do not have to comb job boards and social media platforms or sift through irrelevant applications just to find a candidate who might fit within your organization. It is often challenging to put together the pieces of a candidate’s application, resume, work history and education to ensure that they are an ideal fit for your position as well as your corporate culture. AI can help in a couple critical ways:
- AI can make it easier for your HR team to do more in less time, such as filtering certain keywords within documents to identify crucial markers for your ideal candidates.
- AI also creates a better recruiting experience for candidates. It can provide easy access to applications, immediate replies to inquiries, continuous assistance, and vital information as required. Such a structure puts candidates at ease, inviting stronger engagement and a chance to get to know them better throughout the process.
AI Can Shorten the Hiring WindowA drawn-out hiring process is a drain on HR and organizational productivity, making AI’s ability to shorten the hiring window a revelation for growing businesses. Machine learning in AI helps shorten the hiring window by:
- Analyzing and shortlisting strong resumes
- Scraping social media platforms, job boards and other sources to build robust profiles
- Providing opportunities for quick, simple and insightful interaction with applicants through conversational chatbots
- Measuring behaviors, motivators and ideal work styles via candidate self-assessments